Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Science, Speaking, and Stupid

Science:
Today I went to St. Pauls school in Pocahontas to judge Science Fair Projects all day. I judged collections and models (K-3 grade) and it was the cutest thing in the world. The kids had great projects and they were so cute when they were interviewed about their projects. It was very tired after it, but I was given 10 dollars for lunch, so I have no complaints.

Speaking:
My aunt works at St. Pauls as the religion teacher, so after I was finished judging, I went to visit her. Well she was speaking about holiness to the next class, and so she was like why don't you stay and speak to the kids when they come in. I was thinking "Uhhh...what? How did I get suckered into this?" Well, I kind of strayed off the path because she asked me to tell them how I lived for God. So I told them that I am myself. That I don't let other people tell me who I am, I live for who God tells me I am. I told them not to get suckered into peer pressure. No matter what other people may think of you or what the cool thing is, God made you who you are. My aunt later added that I wear pink if I feel like it on a rainy day, or sing in the middle of a crowd. She said that I lived my life for the fullest and was hardly ever down. So we kind of just talked about that, and God got me through it.

Stupid:
Ok, I seriously think that I am losing my mind. I had a coupon for tanning, so I was looking it over and noticed the expiration date. It was February 29, 2008. (Yes, the 29th since it is a leap year) Anyway, I was like oh man, this has already expired, but then I was like, I just got this coupon, how can it expire already. So I was like well maybe they won't notice and I'll be able to tan anyways. So I called my mom to ask her what she thought and I read her the date and as soon as I read her the date, it dawned on me that 2008 is next year. I never thought that I would do anything that would get the turkey award, but by the looks of things, I might be wrong.

Well, until we meet again, Adieu.

4 comments:

Laura and Matt said...

KJ- I can't believe you would try to get that coupon by the workers of the tanning place! Even if it hadn't expired, you wanted to take an expired coupon there! But I think I would have done the same thing too. I have a very similar experience to your coupon story. I was looking at a house insurance thing, and was like "It expires today!" But it was for 2008. How is it we are losing a year somewhere?

Fabulous at being Katy Jane said...

I don't know, but I am graduating in 2008, so maybe my mind is thinking its that year, for some strange reason??

Laurie said...

You are in the running with Ashley Mathis and Jackie Thornton...we just can't forget these stories! I saw your lovely pic in the Mayberry Times this week. Congrats!

Laura and Matt said...

I remember Jackie's story...what did Ashley do? Will I hand the trophy to one of these women? or KJ?