Thursday, March 8, 2007

What's happening at Williams?

Here is a look at my fabulous week:

Monday: We are having Williams Idol this week and today was the first day. There were 14 contestants. 7 made it to the finals. Like the real American Idol, we had a few duds and funny ones to entertain.

Tuesday: Tonight was Collide. This is a weekly service led by students. Tonight Wade Drury spoke and he talked about discipline in our everyday lives and our spiritual lives. He told us to find time each day to have quiet time with the Lord.

Wednesday: Today I got my phone back. My brother sent the check too late, so my cell phone was shut off for a few days. After an agonizing time apart from my phone, I am able to use it again. Today I was also abducted into the STD club...actually I was inducted into the Sigma Tau Delta club...It is an English club that I had to be invited into to join. We had a ceremony in a room by the cafeteria and it was catered by the lunch ladies. The meal was surprisingly good. What I don't understand is that meals taste good on special occasions, but why can't they be good all of the time? Then we had to say some pledge stuff, get our picture taken for the paper, and sign a book.
Today was such a nice day that Dan and I took a bike ride around campus and played in the park by married housing.
At 10:00 P.M. we had a hall party. We played human Clue. Each of us were the names of the suspects and we picked murder weapons such as an ethernet cord, a stiletto, and a stapler. Then we used our dorm rooms for rooms where the victim was murdered. Then we had a cardboard box for the die and we used the square tiles in our hall as places to move. I won this game, because it went so long that I just made a guess to get it over with. For winning I got a free room check. The next game was Slingshot Stuff. Our RA bought huge granny braziers at the Williams garage sale last weekend and we used those to slingshot an eraser down the hall. The winner got a free room check. The third game is questionable whether or not I should put it on here, so if you want to know just ask me.

Thursday: Tonight is the last night of Williams Idol.

Well, until we meet again, Adieu.

2 comments:

me said...

I have fond memories of that park. Ruth and I used to go there often back in the day.

Fabulous at being Katy Jane said...

it is a very lovely place to go