Friday, March 9, 2007

One Good One Bad

I have two things to say today. One is good and one is bad.

First the bad news: Last night I Daniel overheard Roman's (my brother) girlfriend saying that she was going to break up with him. I know this is very personal, but it really breaks my heart. He is in the Coast Guard waiting to come home (he comes home next week) to see Katherine (his girlfriend) and the week before he comes home she breaks his heart. He asked me today what was going on with her, and I had to be honest and tell him what she had said. Poor thing. He just had a birthday as well. He turned 19. So I just feel really bad for him. Please be praying for him.

Now the good topic. Which isn't really news or anything. If anyone wants a light read, but an excellent read, The Man Who Loved Clowns, is one of the best books I've ever read. The author is June Rae Wood and she is a Missouri writer. She mentions Silver Dollar City in her book, and other places in Missouri. The story made me cry about 3 times and I bawled at the end. It's about a girl who's uncle has Down Syndrome. PLEASE READ THIS!! IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! (I was thinking that Hattie and Michala would probably really like it.) But I enjoyed it as well, so older people can read it.

So that is all for now...weekend plans are to go to Daniels show tonight at the Well, then go to my cabin on Eleven Point and then maybe go to the auction with my parents, oh yes, and the homework that is ever hanging over my shoulder.

Well, until we meet again, Adieu.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a cabin on the 11 Point? This I did not know... hmmm. . .

Fabulous at being Katy Jane said...

yes, we just built it. It is actually the whole extended families.

Laurie said...

That sounds like fun! Is it in Arkansas? How's Roman doing? The Man Who Loved Clowns sounds like a fascinating book.

Fabulous at being Katy Jane said...

Yes, Laurie it is in Arkansas. Roman is doing better. He is excited about coming home this weekend, and since it is my spring break next week, I'll get to spend a lot of time with him.