Thursday, April 12, 2007

Last Night

Two things happened tonight and the police were involved in both. Here are the stories:

1. The first thing that happened was that I locked my keys in my car. The good thing is that I was already at school. So I called the local cop (our campus officer) and him and his crew got my car unlocked. Now, this is the second time this year that I have already locked my keys in my car, and I have done it before. I run out of gas and lock my keys in my car more than anyone I know. I guess it keeps things interesting. Inconvenient. But interesting.

2. Now the second things that happened was that as I was going into my hall for the night, there was a note on the door. The note stated "Caution ladies!!! There has been a suspicious vehicle going around campus. It is a blue s10 pickup and has handicapped plates. If he asks you to come to his vehicle call officer Jerry (our fantastic campus cop) or Chuck Pingle (the men's dorm director.)" So needless to say I was a little freaked out. Daniel always walks me to my dorm at night, but I told him we should be extra careful. Now today, since I get the low down on everything working in Student Affairs, I got the whole story. Two of my friends (also on my intramural softball team) were walking to the dorms last night, when this creepo asked them to get into the vehicle. I feel safe on this campus, but it still has be a little leery.

Now, these things have nothing to do with cops, but they need your prayers:

1. My best friend Erin Putnam, who moved back to Colorado last semester, has a grandma who is doing very bad. She had bleeding in her brain, they think that might be from a broken blood vessel. The bleeding isn't stopping, and she is getting worse. She is a Christian and is excited about meeting the Lord, but the family still needs prayers. Erin told me a neat story about her Gigi (that's what she calls her.) Every Easter her Gigi is the first to say "He is risen!" and whoever hears her says, "He is risen indeed." Well this Easter she was in the hospital, so Erin's sister was the first to say "He is risen!" since her Gigi couldn't. Well her Gigi said "He is risen indeed," but Erin's sister didn't hear her, so she said "Gigi, He is risen indeed!" And Gigi said "That's what I said!" I thought it was so funny that her Gigi was getting sassy in the hospital bed while she was in so much pain.

2. My cousin Amanda is about 3 weeks pregnant. On Easter we made her a cake of congratulations and the baby already had grandma and grandpa bibs and a baby blanket. Amanda and her husband have been trying for awhile and want a baby desperately. Well she found out yesterday that she was pretty sure she had lost the baby. She had been bleeding. The doctors say it was from a hormonal imbalance. It is heartbreaking because there are so many people in this world that bring children into this world who don't even want kids, or who have abortions, but when someone really wants one, she can't. At least the baby is in Heaven. But keep Amanda and her husband and the rest of the family in your prayers, because we were all excited and loved the baby already.


Speaking of Easter, I had a wonderful Easter. We went to my grandmas like we do every year, but one thing that we did different is that we didn't cook the normal Easter meal. We ordered KFC. It was much easier and just as filling. After we ate, my cousin Brittany (19) and I hid Easter eggs for out little cousins Chloe and Keaton. After they were done finding them, we counted how much money they got and it added up to about 10 dollars. Last year they got like 15. Brittany and I started complaining about our childhood. I remember whenever we would only get a dollar a piece. But there was 6 of us trying to find them then. We also brought up the point that even though we are older, we still like finding eggs. So the parents agreed to hide eggs for Brittany and me. We went upstairs in my grandmas house and discussed the situation. We guessed that they would probably put pennies in all of the eggs, and sure enough, they did. Whoever found the most eggs, got a "special egg." Well I found the most and it had 10 pennies in it. Oh Boy! Well my uncle sneakily hid 2 more eggs that had $20 in each of them, so me and Brittany got what we wanted. It was very nice of them to do that and it made for a memorable time.

Well, until we meet again, Adieu.

No comments: