Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Spring Break Happenings

*Before I get into my spring break, I noticed that Laura shared a limerick with everyone a couple of blogs ago. For one of my classes I had to write different kinds of poetry as well. One of those was a limerick so I thought I would share mine, too.

Guys don't make passes
With girl in glasses
Goodbye spectacles, don't stay
Not because of boys, no way
But because you're hitting my eyelashes

*So here is my spring break:
Sunday after church Dan and I headed to St. Louis to visit my daddy and brother. Roman was in from the Coast Guard, so that was great that I was on my spring break to see him. Sunday we just hung out and played games. My aunt Kako came over and brought us Imo's pizza. If you have never had Imo's pizza you must try it once in your lifetime. It originated in STL, so you have to get it there.
*Now Monday Dad, Roman, Dan and I went and visited Billy at Washington University. While Bill was still in class my dad game us a "tour." Really all he did was read the names of the buildings off the nameplates. He thought we were oblivious to this, but we knew exactly what he was doing. The campus was beautiful and old. I would love to go to that college just for histories sake. Bill was a fine tour guide, except that he didn't know anything about his college. He only knew where the library and the food was. But we had a good time. After that we went to a little bookstore in O'Fallon that I found. I found many books that I had been wanting and was very happy about my finds. That is a "must visit" every time I visit my dad now. That night we played games again and my little cousin came over and we played with him. His name is Braden and he is hilarious.
*We came home on Tuesday and stopped at a few flea markets on the way home. We stopped at this one and it was very creepy. I couldn't tell whether the owner was a man or a woman. I said man, but Dan swore he/she was a woman. I would hate to be that person. I wouldn't want people to wander about what gender I was.
*Wednesday it was such a nice day, so Roman and his friend Tommy and my step-sister (Jodi-12) and I went fishing in our neighbors pond. I caught 2 and Roman caught 2. The boys left early, but Jodi and I sat down at the pond and chatted and discussed books, so it was nice for us to get bonding time. That night Roman and Tommy went to Black River by our house and camped in the bank of the river. I later had the idea of going down and scaring them. So Jodi and I got in the back of the truck and mom drove us down to the bridge. We jumped out and walked down under the bridge and towards the boys. We had to walk in this field to get to them and then through woods. We finally made it to them and hour later, because of the darkness and terrain. We crouched by the bank and spied on them for a minute. To our horror Tommy had his dog, so he sniffed us out and started barking. So Tommy was like, I'll go check what's up there. As soon as he started up the bank, we screamed, and scared them to death! It was quite humorous. So that was a nice little adventure for us.
*Thursday, Mom, Jodi and I went to Hardy and went to flea markets. I found a lot of books and we had a great day together.
*Friday Dan and I took Katelynn and Ashlynn (his nieces) to McDonald's and then took them to the Doniphan city park for a picnic and to play for a bit. That afternoon, we found a snake by Dan's carport. He was getting ready to let me out of the vehicle and spotted it. I refused to get out because I despise snakes, so he went and got the BB gun and shot it. I told him to shoot it again because I didn't think it was dead. Well, he didn't and when we came back a little later, it had crawled off. I found it a couple of feet away. To make sure it was dead, I poked it with a stick and it struck at me. I FREAKED! I started screaming and half cry-laughing. I was hysterical. I was screaming "Dan kill it, I told you it wasn't dead, kill it!" He did and that was the end the snake. That night hometown Zeros had a gig at Lonestar school for the Special Olympics fundraiser. We were all worried at first as to how these kids would like them. But as soon as they walked in the door they started screaming. They sold 100 dollars worth of merch. The kids LOVED THEM. It was cute and funny at the same time because they went CRAZY. We could hear them screaming over the music. Here is a comment that one of the students left of hTZ's Myspace:
"i think i stood in front of Dan the whole time!!! he only sang every once in a while but when he did the words came out like a poem!!!! it was just so uhh i can't explain it i thought about just sitting down there and staring at him while everyone else listened to the music!!! "
*I thought this was the funniest thing I have ever read in my whole life.
*Another thing that happened Friday is that my brother got in a wreck. He had to get a new car. He got another grand prix. He's OK, but they went to the hospital just in case.
*Saturday my family went to the auction in Corning.
*Another story I have is that my dad found 4 baby rabbits in his back yard and the mama was on the ground without a head, so he found one of the babies alive and fed it and kept it warm for 3 days, but it died last night, so he is very sad.
*Now just to let you all know-this is a very long blog, so I am not going to proof read it. If there is any mistakes, my apologies.
*Well, until we meet again, Adieu.

1 comment:

Laura and Matt said...

Wow! What a busy spring break! I would have fainted if the snake was still alive! AHHHH!!!